Saturday, December 6, 2008

1 scientifically proven way to instantly improve your ultimate ability

Its skins.

They are scientifically proven to increase blood flow by exactly 23.4% (with at 70% confidence level) proven in the Skins Lab located in USA. They also improve speed and responsivness of muscles by exactly 14.3%.

With stats like these I don't know why everyone hasn't bought a pair.

Oh wait now I remember. They also have a large chance of making you look like a knob.

I dont know how this happened but when I see people with skins I think ok he's either really good, or really bad. There is no middle ground with skins, you either deserve them or you don't. You have to earn the right to wear skins.

Whats that? You think your 5 year old playing club kanga cricket (not even rep) needs skins? Good call. I know he will reap many benefits as soon as he learns to run in a straight line. (not to mention needing a new pair every year or so)

I remember going to table tennis try out school. There was a guy with a $150 paddle. He beat me 11-8. I had a paddle no foam or the soft grip so its easier to spin that you buy in packs of 4 for $10. A friend of mine (a sporting prodigy so thats a bit unfair) beat him every single time they played with a paddle that did have foam (once) but was now peeling on one side and missing half a handle. I remember thinking, no way is that guy anywhere near good enough to respect the difference between a $20 paddle (a lot better than a $2 one) and one that is $150.

I forgot. I remember why you buy skins now. 100+SPF.

Shit. I'd better get a pair asap. brb.

2 comments:

Simon Talbot said...

Unwritten Law of Ultimate #9

Also, always be skeptical of any "scientific" data produced by the company itself. They're not exactly going to come out and say they're shit, are they?

I've pretty much done nothing but agree with you so far, so my third point will actually add something... Skins are better to wear after the game to aid muscle recovery, rather than during. Ask Pete Liddicoat. He'll tell you all about it.

Rog said...

I recently joined the ranks of skins wearing knobs. Whether I'm good or not is entirely debatable, and I could care less what people think.

Truth is, I've got dodgy knees and in my life-long quest to avoid strapping tape and unwieldy braces, I gave skins a try for support and muscle recovery. Best damn placebo I ever bought. And if a few people mistake me for a good player, what's the harm? ;)

88% of people agree with me 93.4% of the time.