Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Its not really that important but...

IT WAS SO RIDICULOUSLY HOT TONIGHT PLAYING FOR FRISKEE.

First game of the season, savage for girls and guys, 39 degree day starting at 6:30 was not late enough.

30 seconds into the point your mouth is dry and throat hurts despite not evening doing 2 laps of the field.

10 minutes into the game a 'spirit time out drinks break' is called and Nick who was complaining about eating too much today runs behind the toilet block.

He comes back red faced and teary looking.

"Did you just have a Chunder?"

He doesnt need to say anything. He gives a pained nod and walks onto the line again.

It took a little while but Mac figured out Friskees kryptonite... any sort of zone. Gotta stop doing those shitty high backhands. they dont work as well as I think they will. Threw a Callahn, luckily it wasnt counted (thanks to NSL rules? that or Tigers excellent negotiation skills)

We lost that game to Mac unfortunately. My personal highlight was when I threw probably the 3rd or 4th throw that should have been turned but ended up being mac'd to catch/score (including a huck that Rory touched about 10m from me only to have it mac'd to my original target Nick in the endzone) and Yoann pointed to me (after another lucky assist) and looked me straight in the eye: "You are so lucky."

If I don't get drafted for div 1 I will be joining Evan and some friends on the UNSW div 3 team. Got to play with them tonight and was really happy at how much less pressure there is to perform. I still played my best, but was having a lot more fun than in some other games (well a different sort of fun).

I was disturbed today when my sister said it was 30 inside... and it felt cool in here compared to otuside.

I think that southerly is kicking in... shame my house is a god damn oven.

No comments: