Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Friskee I miss you so...

At 12 weeks post surgery if I have been doing my rehabilitation properly I am able to start running in straight lines (circles is too much). I've been doing one legged squats, lunges, some weird bridge thing on my back with waist off the ground and just holding that on one leg, wall sits, some hamstring stuff and plenty of stretching. Unfortunately I was meant to do that 4-5 times a week but I think I've only been up to 3. This could mean its a while till I start running again.

I also went on my first cardio session since Fakulti pre-nationals last training session at Rozelle with crippling hill sprints. I was just doing laps around a grass field on a bike at a pretty hard level. Afterwards, my legs hurt, chest was burning, felt a little sick and head hurt (not enough water I guess), in short it sucked, but it was nice to know that its at least an option for me now.

Tuesday night was Friskee, our 17 man roster cut down to having only 3 players on our team who are on the roster actaully arriving at the start of the game. Myself and Nobles sister Cat picked up for the first few poitns till we had enough to play savage with only 1 pick up. Played 3 points, had two pulls (thanks max!) and 1 assist from a stupid throw to hammer in the endzone. Admittedly I thought they would have no bid since they were all facing the wrong way and off balance, but that said it was still a fairly bladey forehand into a crowd of people. Hammer managed to catch that one uncontested.

Fun game was against special sauce, tiger turned up had a bung knee. I could empathise a little. Pottsy turned up, his blade count was at least 2. Interestingly I did learn places where blades actually aren't a bad choice in that they're easy to throw and fly quickly in a way that hammers and scoobers dont. Also saw him doing weird chicken wing pulls.
Interesting.

Friskee will also be welcoming Mark and Loren who are back from their adventures overseas! Hooray!

1 comment:

Wally said...

An accurate blade gets to a point on the field quickly. If you expect to hit your target often enough, the defender doesn't need to be very far away before it becomes a good option.

That one condition is what makes it one of the lesser used throws outdoors.