Friday, January 9, 2009

Alex Semfel's Training Report Week Ending Thurs 8th Jan

Went to the gym, had a good session with some painful cardio at the end followed by the crappy uphill bike ride.

Went to the gym on the wednesday for a last spew session with the PT that came with the gym membership, learnt how to do a bench press and a few other weird exercises that involved the bar bell, some chinups and did all my normal leg exercises with some added core exercises (crunches, knee raises, lower back extensions, plank) the pt yelled make me try some chin ups (the last few assisted) and I am currently in a lot of pain unable to lift my left arm up.

Thursday was interesting, went and saw the physio.
In about a week I can finally officially start my straight line running at the moment for the next week i have to do some impact/agility exercises which are forwards and backwards bouncing on my feet, side to side stepping (jumping) side to side stepping with a block in the middle to stand on and 2 legged jumps 4small 1big as well as 1 legged hops. i also have to do plenty of quad stretches.

after a week of that time to hit the park do 2 laps warmup (soccer field I guess) then a full warm up of the legs then about 8-10 30-40m runthroughs at 60% speed.

it sounds like nothing, but im beyond excited about getting to do this.

physio also gave me a physical bruising of my itb? through his painful massage. feels good now though, a lot looser.

No comments: