Friday, June 26, 2009

Moving faster towards a goal

I finally added myself to the SUUFA AUG's mailing list. An email listing fitness and timetable for the next couple of weeks has really spurred me to get my training back to frisbee focused. In poker over the course of a tournament you will be required to change gears from low aggression to high aggression and risk as time goes on, its time to change your image, mix up your play and get in the money.

For the past 9 months I have been preparing a solid base to build up on. I've been doing strength for running, cardio sessions and impact exercises on the aim of being simply able to run, jump and play frisbee without being in pain. I think I'm almost there, and its time to shift my focus from acheiving a recovery, to reaching a state of fitness to be proud of.

I think I've done a good job, and now its time to change gears.

Tomorrow I will run a short triathlon. 5.25km run, 22.5km ride and 500m swim. I'm going to time it and run it again in a month, I'm aiming to do it in around 80 minutes. In the next month I need to start focusing again on Frisbee specific fitness. This will involve a lot more sprints and high intensity interval training as well as cutting and throwing.

I need to build up my core strength more, and get my throwing back to game quality. Its been a while.

Its holidays and I'm going to have a lot of spare time, getting my fitness and frisbee ready for AUGs trials will be a huge focus of my time. Hell it might even be time again for a fitness diary.

So by the time July 27th rolls around I want to be able to have the fitness to play one game of frisbee savage, and feel good at the end of it. It seems small compared to what I used to do, but it just shows how far I have to go.

I also want to be able to spend 2 days in a row riding cross country around Stromlo and Majura. I am to ride from my place to manly dam, do 2 laps of the dam and get home, which is about 35kms with 20kms of cross country riding.

Hopefully I'll have reached these goals by the end of the holidays when AUG's tryouts roll around.

No comments: