Friday, July 11, 2008

I am a mean bastard who should not play Frisbee... on the upside though...

Day 1 of Youth Nationals...

All the worlds players were groaning in pain saying how much they weren't looking forwards to playing and how no one was taking it seriously and how bad it was going to be becuase they were all sore and not wanting to play.

First game against G-Stanes the u/17 champs pretty quick easy game. We put all our newer players on, Dan was a surprisingly good cutter, Evan was getting some sweet D's, Hingo was throwing well, our pickup Dan Clenton was throwing a bit tooo much (he stopped in the next games when he stopped stuffing around).

Our game against In-Tents as usual another game with absolutely no rivalry at all, not many foul calls but a bit of dirty play (but nothing was called) 2 things really annoyed me was their first pull of the game was so bad that they were able to hit it down, annoyed me becuase it would have gone about 5m towards their endzone if he had left it. A quick look at wfdf rules I can't find the penalty for interfereing with the pull beyond:

Interference: No player on the throwing team may touch the throw-off in the air before it is touched by a member of the receiving team.

The other one that annoyed me was there was a giant pick that left one of our players bleeding becuase he got decked, and so someone called pick on it. In-tents had managed to get a long throw off the pick and started complaining and swearing, I was pissed off, I saw Graham swearing at us I yelled out in the most ironic comment of the day "Come on show some fucking spirit!" (very angrily) before people laughed and pointed out Graham didn't know what happened. I felt bad and apologised to him at the end of the game.

They also tried to call a Dans winning score out who left a large skid mark from a slipping cleat whose mark started and finished in. Surprisingly it was Jackson who called it in. Thanks Jackson.

Lex again did some amazing layouts, Peley got some sweet D, Tiger is laying out a lot more, Calan surprsied me with some very good one handed sprint catches into fast throws and was a solid game.

Funny thing is, it was probably all a 2 way thing and I just see one side.

Last game was against Discgraceful, all our newer players and pickups played fantastically it was a very fun and a lot more spirited game we won.

I'm thankful there is no zone in this tourney becuase on today when it was windy and full of inexperienced players woudl have torn apart our team.

see how it goes!

youth nats party was fun
nathan is an alcoholic.

Tomorrow is the rest of the teams including HOSY who I'd tip to see in the finals and chatswood then semis and finals.

Go PUMSAT.

My mean funny for the day:
Nathan made a sweet bid for a disc, got absolutely decked by another player laying out into his legs, and it looked like a very painful hit, I think i said something like "HAHAH OUCH THAT LOOKED PAINFUL THATS EXACTLY HOW I GOT INJURED BUT I CAUGHT IT"








No comments: