Friday, January 4, 2008

4/1/07 - Holy god new throw

sif.
sweet intoxicated females.

Scored my P's, so I drove to Tiger's place to have a throw.
It wasn't very windy, and we threw with a broken disc.

We tried a little bit of flutter guts to work on catching those mac'ed throws.

I've been trying to work on a decent high release forehand along with Tiger, able to throw over the shoulder of an overly aggressive mark, with hands very low, in that you can forehand from over and behind their right shoulder (if you're a right handler) because right now the alternatives I'd have are a blade, or a push/lift pass, which neither have the flat travel distance to be very useful.

So I have been messing around with a way to throw a decent high forehand. Unfortunately the highest I could get a decent throw was about level to my shoulder with just a straight arm out, which is good, but I wanted to get HIGHER.

Finally for myself, I found the key was just to isolate the wrist alone, and make sure you throw flat (just liek any other throw) with some impressive results, a flat, fast 10m pass from above my head, that isnt a hammer, could be useful one day.

Also High School Memories:
The miller street boys were an endless source of fun and funny things to see them doing.
One day they found some witches hats that could fit over their heads. Not only did it look funny but they started doing things like having races (without being to see) between benches and trees after being spun around and having people push them around. Also I think I remember them jousting heads with them as well, just it was hard to see.

Oh well.

Also finalised Uni preferences, I'm off to Sydney Uni for Bcomm because I want to be part of an old boy's network that is resistant to change.

No comments: