Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Youth Nationals Training

In the Thunder vs Colombia game (rematch) we started on O, we turned it, had to mark up. I had the unfortunate task of now marking up against one of the Australian Open's Worlds team Dan Rule.

The coaches were beating the power play into us.

Dan Rule was in left back corner.

I went and marked him. He stood in a non aggressive stance. Hands at hips, standing up straight, no visible intention of running.

"Are you going to run anywhere?"

"Nope, thats the great thing about this play."

"..."

"I can stand here and do nothing, and keep you from doing anything, but if you poach I'll score!"

At which point he began an evil laugh of satisfaction.

"It's pretty much unstoppable, theres nothing you guys can do against it."

One of the many fun memories.

Alex.

2 comments:

Tiger said...

"No, Semfel! Don't! That's Dan Rule!"

Happy Mixed Nationals Memories.

T.

Simon Talbot said...

Hey, I taught Dan that tactic.