Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Luckiest Unlucky Streak of My Life.

I have missed an opportunity to play NUFL 1 and 2 becuase of my ruined knee which would have been am amazing chance to improve to my game and get some awesome frisbee experience. I missed out on ECC tryouts which would have been awesome fun, and I have missed out on that team.

I have lost a lot of my fitness, I was the fittest I'd ever been coming back from Junior's training camp asnd Kai's crazy fakulti fitness and worst bit was I wanted to run more than ever on day 4 of nationals, the first time I've wanted to run on the last day of a tournament...

Im not sure I'm going to be ok to properly try out for Usyd's unigames team or train with our new youth nat's team.

On the other hand, I have played a bit less poker recently but have had the luckiest stream of cards over my past 100 hands that I cannot believe (100 hands is very very short term and is no where near enough to let your variance even out in terms of having shitty hands and getting your share of good hands.

In the past 100 hands, I have flopped quads two times, along with several flushes, full houses (with junky hands) and a happy variety of top two pairs and triples. The quads though is unbelievable.

In the past night, which would have only have been about 45 hands over 3 hours I was dealt pocket queens, pocket 10's pocket 2's (flopped quads - unfortunately had folded preflop becuase of too much action in front) and pocket aces, as well as flopping a full house off big blind and a flush.

Really its the quads that blew my mind, the rest can happen often enough but the quads is crazy.

So I guess despite the bad luck of getting ripped up in frisbee losing all my fitness and missing out on some awesome games... other things get lucky.

No comments: