Friday, April 4, 2008

Dealing with Rejection

Ok, well Wednesday was the unfortunate night where I found out I wasn't on the World Junior's team. It's been a lot harder to get up and get motivated to train and play again.

My last drink was at NYE, looking at photos now I wasn't wearing pants and embarassing memories of running around with no clothes on in front of my friends with other friends, forgetting the younger children around... I guess I wasn't really missing out.

I had a post-Worlds drink stash on my shelf for if I got cut, or after getting back from Vancouver.

Just drank my first drink since NYE...

You know what, I haven't been missing out on anything.

I've been able to work and play the next day so much better, and not wake up instead with splitting headaches. On top of that the damage it does to your body, in terms of your training and longer term to do with your mind.

So its about now I realise.

Nationals... 3 weeks...
Unigames to aspire to, that Usyd team won't be easy to get into it...

Time to get back to training.

I think I'm not even going to have time to drink anyway.

1 comment:

Maple said...

sorry semfel...hate to break it to you, but there is a certain level of liver abuse which is actually a selection requirement for the usyd team...i have been doing hard training ever since i missed out last year becuase of "thesis".

Bad luck on selection mate, damn ultimate getting more competitive...but cant wait to fucking bring the noise at nats with you.