Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Share The Love

It struck me last night - as a Manly player (who shall remain nameless) was bitching ('Fakulti's going A/B!? What the fuck! Who the fuck would play for Fakulti B?' at which point I proudly put my hand up) - that this Sunday, I'm not just watching Fak play from the sidelines, I'm actually playing for them. Representing a club team.

This is big news!

Share the Love. It's a pre-Regionals tournament to work out kinks in your team's game. There are ten teams: Fakulti B, Barefoot, Manly, Hills, Ulmaut (eastern suburbs pickupish team), Fyshwick (and United, two Canberran teams), Westies (Bathurst), I-Beam (Newcastle?) and the 'Gong.

Here are my predictions for the final results:
  1. Barefoot - it's hard to argue with this team, they have the right combination of Dingoes and junior Worlds pickups.
  2. I-Beam - let's get this straight, I know absolutely nothing about this team or its players, but this is where I see them coming.
  3. Fyshwick - are Canberra splitting A/B or X/X? This is the team without Twatson, so I imagine it will do well.
  4. Manly - with the exception of a few players (and Steve Hayes's backhand blades - seriously, just hammer) this is a solid team for Manly, if Glenn/Neil don't implode.
  5. Fakulti B - I didn't want to overrate or underrate anyone on Fak, so here we are in the middle.
  6. Hills - I like everyone on this team, but wouldn't rate some of them particularly highly as players.
  7. United - let's be honest, they probably will finish higher than 7th. I just don't know anyone apart from Twatson, and he's weird, even for someone with the same initials as me.
  8. Umlaut - their captain is Wally.
  9. Gong - I've put them 9th because at time of writing they only had 5 men on the team. Good luck!
  10. Westies - A Bathurst team? Will win the party and spirit, as well as impressing with their hilarious set plays. (Marco Polo? Pasha Bulker?)
As far as my goals for this weekend go, I'm going to try to play good defence, followed by good offence.

Oh, and be helpful on the sideline, too.

T.

2 comments:

Simon Talbot said...

Can't really disagree much with those predictions, T. Fyshwick might upset I-Beam, and the 'Gong seem better on paper than Umlaut.

Wally said...

Your predictions sucked.

And you talk the talk about a team under my captaincy, but we did come in ahead of some chumpy team that had, amongst others, YOU.

Just don't mention the draw.