Sunday, February 17, 2008

Things I Learnt From Sharing the Love!

Sexfat pretty much summed up today's tournament - woeful at the start, good in the middle, annoying at the end because we were at least the 8th best team in the comp but we got nigged by the draw.

I learned a few things today:
  • How to play man defence: I guarded the in cuts all day and it worked a thousand times better than what I'd done previously. Only four or five people I was matched up against could beat me in either the 3-second sprint for the in cut or the 10-second sprint for the out, and none of them seemed to notice/abuse this. Notable highlights include shut-down D on a guy from Manly who I rate quite above myself. I stuck to his hip, didn't bite on his fakes and let him tire himself out all point.
  • Laying out: I don't do it enough.
  • FakultA: are a bunch of hilarious guys who also happen to be very very knowledgeable about the game. James spent all day trying to teach us stuff, which was good of him.
  • FakulB: looks to be a good team. Say there are six spots go through from Orange, I saw the very beginnings today of a team that could make Nationals. We didn't have much of a long game but we had sweet flow and solid man defence.
I am ridiculously tired. Never again am I playing a full day on <2 hours sleep and no breakfast.

T.

No comments: